Monday, April 27, 2009

Hybernoid - The Last Day Begins?


Back in the late 80's and early 90's, I met a lot of people and bands through tape trading, and Andy Bennett guitarist for English Metal band Hybernoid was one of the first.  Here is their first full length album released in 1994.  It is a strange and wonderful blend of clean tone guitars and distorted rythmn guitars, yet before this was standard fare for atmospheric metal bands.
None of the members ever went on to do anything else as far as I am aware, and the band split up in 1998 after releasing two more full lengths that went largely unnoticed.  I decided to post this here because I've never known anyone to know these guys, and I really think 'The Last Day Begins?" was ahead of its time, and really well done.
More info HERE and download entire album HERE.

1 comment:

  1. this is Andy, go look at www.hybernoid.co.uk

    ReplyDelete