Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paraxism - Selected Works


Paraxism was formed in 1990 and split-up shortly after their fifth release in 1998.  There are tons of quality bands from Finland, and I am a huge fan of the usuals such as Amorphis, Impaled Nazarene, Xysma and the like... but Paraxism may very well be my favorite band from Finland.  These guys are criminally unknown.  They released a 3" CD EP and four demos, and that is it.  They never did a proper full length, or were even recognized in the community for the amazing band they were.
I've always wanted to release their catalogue on a proper CD, and years ago contacted the band about it, but they declined, showing no interest in ressurecting these recordings.  So, I am doing it now.
Today we have "Selected Works" which may be my favorite recording of theirs.  It was their third demo and it was recorded in 1995.  It was released on cassette and I transfered it to CDr years ago, so the sound quality isn't great, but don't let that stop you from discovering this amazing band.  
Go here for their Encyclopaedia Metallum entry.  In future posts I will be posting most if not all of their incredible discography.

Download the demo here.

2 comments:

  1. This band is amazing. I remember we tried hard to get them to let us make a special collection release. So sad.

    ReplyDelete